Sunday 14 January 2018

BoS Prompts 8: Zodiac / Star Signs / Birth Sign...


Prompt 8. Sunday 14th January 2018 - The 8th prompt will be...  Zodiac.

Starting to feel like I'm wasting my time and no one is interested in these blog posts..



There's now a dedicated facebook page to support these blog posts @ https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/

Thank you all for the support.  I've now made a dedicated facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/ so if you go there turn on all notifications you won't miss these blog posts!! 

This week is going to be short, it's another one which is VERY open to you and your opinion.  How much time and effort you wish to put into this weeks prompt.  But I don't want to give too much away and do this weeks activities for you.  So...


What is/are Zodiac's?
When most people hear the word ‘Zodiac’ they instantly think of the 12 signs of which people are born under, but Zodiac is actually a little more than that!!  The Zodiac itself is actually an area of space (sky) that is approximately 8° North or South of the equator – this is measured in celestial latitude (Celestial longitude and latitude are defined with respect to the ecliptic and ecliptic poles measured from the equator).  And there’s a whole bunch more too it – perhaps research if you’re interested in astrology however this blog IS going to focus more on the 12 signs which is we more commonly what is known by ‘Zodiac’. So as said there’s twelve of them, each of them occupy apx 30° of celestial longitude space.  The twelve signs are Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.  They are the twelve signs noted from celestial coordinate system (as mentioned ecliptic coordinate system) throughout the course of a year solar (Sun) cycle can be seen.

That said we are going to look more at the different aspects of each sign.

It is said that each sign has different traits, correspondences and values.  If you followed the prompt and did the ‘about me’ section it’s quite likely that you already did some research on your own zodiac sign (or star sign as it is also referred as).  It’s quite likely if you’re on this path anyway that you would know something about your birth sign.  Or failing that then you may know something from some dodgy love calculator to see if you and your boyfriend are compatible soulmates forever and of course to reading your horoscope and indeed your mums, dads, brothers, best friends, girlfriend, cat, Sir Stephen Hawking and anyone else you possible know the birthdate of.  But what does it all mean?  How true is it all?  - Who knows!!  But the same could be said for almost anything!!

For me I’m a Sagittarius (20th December) which means my element is fire, my colour is Blue or Purple, my day of the week is Thursday and I was born under the planet Jupiter.  Overall I’m greatly compatible with Gemini and Aries as a soulmate or best friend.  My lucky numbers are 3, 4, 9, 12 and 21 and my fellow Sagittarius brethren were born between November 22nd – December 21st.  I’m optimistic, outgoing, adventurous, extrovert, generous, idealistic and well the list goes on.

But am I really?

I mean I’m more of an Earth girl than Fire and I prefer the colour pink, I hated Thursdays in school as they were often PE day but now every other Thursday is payday and rent day too.  No one I’m particularly close with are Gemini and/or Aries (well my mum and dad are both Aries 23rd March, yes they're also the same age!) and in fact a few people I was bullied by in school happen to be born under those signs and I definitely don't consider myself to be 'compatible' with them since I was bullied mostly for being different.  I’ll agree to the numbers but my favourite number is 23.  I’m not so much optimistic, not really outgoing, my anxieties and mental health along with physical disabilities definitely don’t make me adventurous or an extrovert and well I could continue but I believe you get my point.   

In addition to this the aspects of each sign can be portrayed into the months characteristic and attributes.  And well this really is for you to look into and adapt to what works for you, what you believe, how you feel..

Personally I love reading horoscopes but 99% of the time I can read any of them and somehow associate them with things going on with my life that day – much like tarot, oracle, fortune and other cards.  – I personally like them because they cause me to think and to look at situations and things which otherwise I may have shrugged off and not paid any attention to.  Most people call it coincidence, common or that it’s fake.  Each to their own.


Activity..

Research all the zodiac star signs.  Prompts:

  • What do they look like in astral form?
  • What do they look like in picture form?
  • What do they look like in symbol form?
  • Names, and their meanings..
  • Correspondances, Properties and Attributes.
  • Zodiac Dates
  • History
  • and anything else you like..
Etc..

Book Activity..


In your BoS why not create a page / pages for each sign..  You could draw/create images (or use stamps, royalty free images, images you purchase etc) of each sign, astral form, symbol form.  Journal about the properties such dates (ie Sagittarius Nov 22nd - Dec 21st), colour correspondences, planet, character traits and compatibility etc.  This can be a big wrote out page or two for all twelve or you can just list on one page all the key points and basic information.  Up To you.  For me I found some images online I have absolutely fallen in love with and want to include for myself - but I am currently searching the artist for permission / to make payment for use of their work in my personal BoS that no one will see (very gothic, weird, dark, twisted images - love them).  I plan to put 2 per page but I haven't fully decided upon this yet.


Zodiac might not be your thing at all.  You might wish to totally skip this section if you feel it's a big pile of mumbo jumbo and you're not interested.  If that's the case then that's fine your path, your book, your choice!


-----------------------------------------

Thank you all for the support.  For anyone wishing to share, ask for help, talk about BoS / their book and relevant content (or for more information, ideas and unmissable blog posts go to new Fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoSPrompts/  Also as previously mentioned you can go on the website version of this blog over on the left there’s a ‘subscribe by email’ so you don’t miss a single post from me.  If you’re on the mobile version scroll right down to the bottom and click ‘view as website’ and that should take you to the website version where you can expand, navigate to the left and subscribe by email :)  I will continue to share this on my Patreon *for free* and also on my Twitter and in various facebook groups..  & Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/BookOfShadowsPrompts/

Imogen x

Next weeks prompts No.9 - Herbology, Oils and Stones

3 comments:

  1. Can we sign up for email prompts when you post ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on the left action bar on web version of this blog -mobile version hides this :/ but I post these blogs around 12pm GMT every sunday or follow me on patreon (its free) https://www.patreon.com/missimoinsane

      Delete
    2. Ps. or Twitter https://twitter.com/missimoinsane

      Delete