Monday 28 August 2017

Personal Blog & Witchy Books - Aug '17

Hey lovelies,  

 I'm still around.. Had some things going on this past few weeks which I decided to mostly take myself away from the Internet.. I have been discharged from 2 of the medical clinics/therapy/treatments. I have now lost over a stone and a half in the last year. And I'm doing as good as I can be medically.  Personally I'm still working through relationship issues and such (but that's not for here). 

 I've gotten a few new books, some I've read and some I haven't.. Yet. 

- I got a book called "Goth Magick" by Brenda's Knight originally published in 2006. The book is basically like a jumping off point for Wicca and Wiccans.. It's still very Pagan / Wiccan based, not satanic.. But the more I read the more I was like "omg omg this is me!" - it also had some great reference sections such as for jewellery (I make jewellery) and also a few very well explained sections on 'Goth', 'Wicca', 'Paganism' and even 'Witchcraft' - which I wish I had been able to use to justify myself over the years!! The book also has a lil witch history, as well as the name Goth and its origins... And more. I picked it up for £3.06 inc P&P on ebay uk.  Definitely something I want to look into more. 

- Something else I've been looking into is body language and reading people - this is something I want to learn more and so I've started by reading a good book called "The Body Language Of Liars" by Lillian Glass, PhD. Published 2013. I feel it has some fantastic key points although it demonstrates them a little excessively with real life history such as Clinton, Tiger Woods, O.J.Simpson, Lindsey Lohan and the list goes on. Some great points if not a lil tedious and reparative by the end but as said some absolutely fantastic key points and I learnt a lot. (Open for more book suggestions on this subject!) £9.99 inc P&P on ebay uk.

- Finally I started collecting the Elements Encyclopedia. I have the big hardback witchcraft, psychics, dreams, spells and creatures. I have the smaller paperbacks of secret societies and signs and symbols. - really want to get the ghost one next in the big hardback at the right price. 

 Other than that been focusing on personal stuff and me stuff. Hoping to get back to "normal" this week.. 

 Anyways hope everyone is well, blessed be.. Imogen x

No comments:

Post a Comment